Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Braised Pork Belly with BBQ Sauce

I've got the leftover BBQ sauce from cooking this chicken dish few weeks ago. And as I've previously planned and said that I would make something else with it and now it's time to rock!

This time I chose pork belly with young bones , my own favorite part..the way I cook was similar to the chicken that the pieces of meat were browned lightly first then added water ( instead of broth ) to cover the meat..let them cook until boiling then added the sauce and stirred to well-blended. Let it boil again and simmer with the lid on for 1 hour and without the lid for another hour..adjusted the taste with some seasoning powder and brown sugar..then the dish done!!

As for the verdict, I definitely fell in love with the dish...and honestly, I like it more than the chicken and that's just because I personally prefer pork belly to a healthier chicken ..:) Two thumps up to the wonderful sauce that does its job excellently !!    








































No comments: