Saturday, May 5, 2012

Chicken Pesto Salad

I've been cooking different kinds of salad recently since my husband announced that he seriously needed to lose some weight ! This morning when I asked what he'd like for lunch and he said either salad or fruit & yogurt which both sound boring to me but anyway, I personally think that salad is more acceptable and appropriate than fruit & yogurt for lunch, so I decided on behalf of him that he's going to have salad ! Lol

Being kind enough, not only I made decision for him but I also offered myself to make a homemade salad instead of buying one from supermarket as I sometimes do..no doubt that he happily accepted without even asking what it would be...:)

Given he doesn't like eating the same thing for two meals in a row, so I cut prawn that he ate last night and pork which is going to be our dinner off my choices..also fish that I've planned to cook tomorrow, so I didn't have many choices left at the end and finally pinned down to chicken ! Considering all ingredients I have in hand, I then chose this salad to be a winner!!

I mixed and matched few recipes found from google to make my own version and this is what I've done..

1 chicken breast, seasoned and roatsed
 A few of cherry tomotoes ,halved
half can of cannelleni beans , rinsed and drained
a handful of baby spinach
few spoons mixture of pesto and mayonaise
salt and pepper to taste

Mix everything except the spinach , then top the mixture on spinach in a large plate , then serve.
























 

No comments: