Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Biscotti Picanti

There's been such a long time that I haven't played with yeast, so I thought it's time to make something about it and my choice was pinned down to this gorgeous biscotti picanti !

I've seen it posted on the blogs that the bloggers are participants of the baking event called 'Bread Baking Babes' which I've regularly been following to see what they'd bake each month. Then all of a sudden, I felt like making it and joining the event..just for fun :)

After reading through the recipe, the bread indeed reminded me of taralli, my favorite biscuits that I made a few years ago..but it's not complicated as taralli which needs to be boiled before baking, though it takes longer time to be done.

The recipe is from Anissa Helou who kindly gave a permission to publish her recipe. I made only half of the recipe and there are few changes I've made to the recipe which the first is adding a tsp of sugar to the dough and secondly is to replace half of aniseed with fennel seed. The outcome was absolutely wonderful and I've immediately fallen in love with it after the first bite ! Thank Lien for choosing this amazing bread to be made for this month..:)

The recipe could be found on Lien's blog.         























Ps. I've also posted this bread to yeastspotting hosted by Susan of Wildyeast.

5 comments:

Lien said...

Glad you decided to bake with us just for fun! That's what baking should be "FUN"! Your biscotti look just perfect. Lovely tweaks you made to personalise these little snack breads. Thanks for baking with us. (Your badge will be sent later today)

Karen Baking Soda said...

Happy to see you baking with us! They look wonderful, great pictures!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Very nice! Beautiful photos! Just love the texture you created in these.
Thanks ever so much for baking with us. If it has yeast I always think it's fun.

pepsakoy said...

Thanks for all visits and comments.. I really enjoyed both making and eating it..fun to bake along with the great event!

Elizabeth said...

I'm so happy to hear that you decided to join us! And the biscotti ARE good, aren't they?