Here is what I've done..
- 5 snack-size Mars bars
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 scant teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 142 g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 8-by-8- inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line with a sheet of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on each short side. Put Mars bars and cream in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the bars are melted, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Stir together oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda, and the salt in a large bowl. Blend in butter with a fork or your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal; press half of mixture onto bottom of lined pan. Bake until just set and starting to color around edges, about 20 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle crust with chocolate chips; drizzle with caramel mixture. Top with remaining crumb mixture. Bake until pale golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely in pan before cutting into squares.