Friday, August 27, 2010

Citrus-Almond Poundcake

I feel like making things with citrus more in summer than the other seasons of the year but this summer I didn't have much chance to do anything with it cuz I had been on holiday most of the time. Anyway, my daughter is now back to school, so I have more free time to play with my kitchen toys and luckily, it didn't take long before I found this interesting cake which happened to be made with citrus.. Bingo!!
The recipe is from Mark Bittman which was published recently in NYTimes..What made me interested in this cake and keen to give it a try, apart fom it being a citrus cake, is using a food processor to prepare the batter which I had no experience in doing it before!! Anyway, I made only half of the recipe and used marzipan instead of almond paste.. I also reduced amount of sugar (typical me!) and took longer time to make the batter than it's done in a video shown on the website.

Now speaking of a result, I have to confess that I didn't know how it tasted because the whole cake was given away to my friends and staffs at my new apartment. And there was not a feedback yet while I was writing this post! Anyway, given Mr.Bittman's reputation, I think this cake wouldn't let you down...

The recipe could be found here.




















4 comments:

Maria said...

I'm in love with citrus cakes like this. They are so perfect with a cup of tea!

bake-aholic said...

เนื้อขนมละเอียด และดูน่ากินมากๆ ค่ะ

Aaron John said...

Looks fantastic and moist!!! Gotta be delicious!!
Would you mind checking out my blog? :D http://ajscookingsecrets.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

So did you get the feedbacks from your friends for this cake yet?! I bet it tastes delicious! Yours looked gorgeous!