Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ultimate Butter Lemon Bars

What do you do when you happen to wake up in the middle of the night and couldn't manage to go back to sleep? For me, I confess shamelessly that I would lie in bed and think about what to cook/bake..then using the apps. on iphone to search or look for some interesting recipes! Sometimes, I ended up making thing that I came up with during the night instead of a thing that I already planned ahead to bake..lol

Since summer is just around the corner, so I felt like making something refreshing to welcome a hot weather and I couldn't think about anything better than citrus !

The other night when I couldn't go back to sleep after a quick visit to the toilet at 3 am. so I played with my iphone and used epicurious apps. to look for some recipes about lemon curd and my attention was caught by this lemon bar..

It's a combination of shortbread and lemon curd..plain and simple, yet classic and I thought it's worth giving a try! So the first thing I did once got out of bed in the morning is baking these bars !

Honestly speaking, I'm not a big fan of sour taste..so I decided not to judge the bars by myself and I instead let my tasters do the job..One said the lemon curd topping is so sour while the others didn't complain about it..anyway, all in all, they said it's nice and that's the (happy) end of the story!

Recipe could be found here.


















4 comments:

bake-aholic said...

ชอบตรงที่ตัวเลมอนเคิร์ดไม่มากเกินไปอ่ะค่ะ เวลาเจอเยอะ ๆ แล้วเลี่ยน

pepsakoy said...

Couldn't agree more with you ja..

Jessica said...

I love lemon bars! These look delicious. Your pics are beautiful as well.

jessyburke88@gmail.com

Taylor said...

These look so light and fresh! I love desserts like this in the summertime