Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sesame Wine Cookies

I've seen these cookies posted on Culinary Saint's blog which the word 'wine' simply got my attention.. Since the post doesn't have much of explaination,so I kind of followed through the recipe using my own common sense..

The method is dead simple while the taste appeared to be interesting ! It's slightly sweet and crispy, yet there's something about it that couldn't be explained.. And I decided to call it differently from the original,'sesame wine rusks' because I found the texture ( of what I got) is more like a cookie than a rusk..

In my opinion, this is another interesting recipe worth your try !

Ingredients:

300 g self raising flour
75 ml red wine
75 ml canola oil
5 tbsp vegetable shortening
1/4 cup sugar
1 scant tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup sesame seeds

Method

Mix all ingredients but the sesame seeds in a bowl, knead the dough very well and then make dough into small rings (6 -7 cm diameter) or any other shape or size you like and finally dip them into the sesame seeds (on one side only).
Then place them onto a baking tray and bake them in a preheated oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 25-30 minutes.Remove from the oven, let them cool on wire rack.













No comments: